Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Access Card

The problem with staying in apartment/condo units is this.

Sometimes, the management of the said apartment/condo is a joke, when it is supposed to act on behalf of tenants and owners.


I just lost the access card to enter the apartment complex where I'm living. So, I went to the management office to get a new one. An officer there asked me whether I really wanted to replace a new one, since the cost of replacing it was expensive. Upon hearing his question, I replied with another question. I asked for any alternative move he could recommend.


He recommended me to really dig hard, to find the missing card. And I asked further;

W: While trying my hardest to find the card, in the mean time can I pass the entrance without having any problem with the security guard?

O: No you can't.

W: But I have the apartment sticker on my car. In having that, it shows I really do live here, right?

O: True. But still, it is important to have the access card to gain entrance.

W: What if the access card fell into someone's hand, someone random, he could just gain entrance without any hassle. Am I correct?

O: Yes. But the guard would need some verification that he was living here.

W: Okay, back to my earlier question, you are against me replacing the card, but if I don't have one, I will not get access to my own, I repeat, my own apartment, although I have a car sticker proving I live here. Where some stranger who doesn't live here can gain entrance just because he has the access card. Tell me, doesn't you think the system is somewhat funny?

O: I agree with you. But nothing I can do. I'm only following order.

W: So I want to get a new card now.

O: Sure? Or you want to search for it again?

W: Mr, I don't have time to play search-and-found. It may take days, or I may never find it. In the mean time, are you suggesting me to park my card outside the complex? Because no, I don't find that idea is brilliant. Because of your new rule of 'one house, one access card', I think all of the tenants here will be fighting to death to get parking space outside. So yeah, I need a new card. And by the way, I also need a second card, because in my unit, we have 2 cars.

O: Currently the rule is 'one house, one access card'.

W: I get it. But I bought this house. Not rent. I bought it. How can the management deny us, the owners a second card? Again, the system is truly funny. I can't believe now you are restricting us with the new policy, one house one car.


To sum this up, simply say, I'm so going to the AGM this coming 18th.


No comments: