Thursday, March 17, 2011

Peluru-Peluru Di Langit

Long have I given up talking to my mother about issues that can be deemed sensitive to both of us. For the last 23 years, I have grown to know exactly things that would please her. So sue me for trying hard only to please her.

But here lies a problem. Not exactly things I do are pleasing enough for her. Truths are hurtful, at least to her.

So you know, I just keep quiet and quit talking. No matter how much she tries to make me talking, I just shrug off. Spare her the disappointment of learning my reasons.

It must be very difficult to know your daughter is not perfect. So well, she will start comparing her children with her friends', or her long-gone youth life.


We cannot live according to your specifications, mother. That is the bloodiest truth.

No comments: